Welcome to 2017! For a long time, having spa services has been made out to be an indulgent therapy that only certain people could afford to do. But at the same time, men and women spend lots of their time and energy buying into services and products that promise to make them look younger in either a drastic way, or an ineffective way.
Nowadays, you can buy magical skin care potions from just about anywhere (grocery store, moms group, mall kiosk) that promise to give you the results that you would love to have, however these all seem to fall short…why?
Great skin care and treatments are out there, you just need to know where to look. This is where the Esthetician comes in.
- THE ESTHETICIAN:As a professional esthetician, I am aware of the physiology of the skin and its disorders. I consistently retrain myself on the abundant information that is out there, and physically get to work with all types of skin and have learned through years of experience, what the skin needs in order to heal itself and function optimally. This is where the stay at home mom, the woman at the beauty counter and the salesman on QVC fail. They are trained on a product-not on the skin-and what works for me is not necessarily going to work for you. Seeing an Esthetician, will educate you on what your skin specifically needs during your facial, and work with you as you begin to correct it.
- EXFOLIATION: During a facial, the Esthetician will exfoliate your skin. NOT by scrubbing it to death, but by choosing the proper physical or chemical exfoliant that will work best with your skin and condition. Then you will be given the guidance on the proper treatment product to use at home so that you do not damage your skin. The proper exfoliation can and will stimulate new cell growth as well as collagen. Seek out damaged cells while leaving healthy skin cells in tact. Re-texturize your skin. Reduce redness and inflammation, as well as sterilize bacteria. There are many chemical exfoliants out there, and you need someone with the proper knowledge to insure that the proper one is chosen for you.
- HYDRATION: We are all dehydrated to some degree and a proper facial will restore the water balance in your skin. The difference between hydrated and dehydrated skin is that beautiful, healthy glow that we are all looking for. If a facial is performed on a monthly basis, with proper home care, you won’t go back to that tight,dry, flaky skin that you are used to having.
- DEEP CLEAN: A facial is necessary to deep clean your skin. At Blush Couture, each facial begins with an ultrasonic deep cleansing prior to your exfoliation and extractions (if necessary). This cleansing forces dirt and impacted oils up and out of your skin which prevents and heals pimples, blackheads and milia. For skin that hasn’t been properly cleansed before, this may take a few facials to get under control. The extractions are done properly so as not to damage your blood vessels and then sterilized appropriately.
- SELF CARE: We live in a world where our days are scheduled without a moment to breathe. We are all overwhelmed by the necessary demands of work, family, our social lives as well as needing to stay fit. Taking an hour a month to close your eyes and restore the health of your skin also means hitting the reset button on your energy. Now more than ever, it is crucial to factor in some time to be taken care of-and you would be amazed how a facial can revitalize you.
I hope you will see why an Esthetician is such a valuable person in your arsenal and call Stacey at Blush Couture for a 15 minute consultation. I promise that once you experience your first treatment, you will understand the value of a good facial!